About InfoPrint Page Printer Formatting Aid (PPFA) Software
When you use our print formatting and document composition software, you don’t need to change your applications to reformat documents intended for printing on Advanced Function Presentation™ (AFP™) and Intelligent Printer Data Stream™ (IPDS™) printers. The software simplifies changes to complex documents by allowing you to reformat simple EBCDIC or ASCII line data, as well as other types of information. With the ability to convert XML and to support barcodes, the software further strengthens your information management capabilities.
- Simplify the formatting and printing of complex documents such as invoices, statements and bills of material.
- Increase efficiency by dynamically changing the layout and imposition of documents while supporting diverse finishing options.
- Gain more printing and communication flexibility with support for barcodes.
Improve productivity and lower total cost of print
Complex documents such as utility invoices, financial statements and manufacturing bills of material evolve as government regulations and business requirements change. But reformatting them probably means “stopping the presses” and asking programmers to change the source code. That can be time-consuming and expensive. Instead, use InfoPrint PFFA print formatting software to:
- Change layouts and imposition dynamically.
- Specify highlight or full color.
- Select outline fonts in various styles and sizes.
- Support barcode types, including 2D barcodes such as PDF417, Data Matrix and QR codes, in many symbologies.
- Select finishing options, including interfaces to post-processing equipment.
Integrate applications and printing
InfoPrint PPFA is updated frequently to keep up with evolving AFP standards, so you can count on having the latest tools at hand. After you create AFP printing resources called page definitions and form definitions, the software integrates Windows® applications and your Automated Document Factory or RICOH ProcessDirector and InfoPrint Manager print queues. Format diverse types of information:
- Line data
- Unformatted print records
- Unformatted records with identifying headers
- Native AFP (MO:DCA) documents
- Application output containing XML data
Maintain font freedom of choice
Control the appearance of your documents by using AFP and industry-standard font technologies. Choose either traditional AFP fonts or the standard TrueType/OpenType fonts commonly used by document composition and graphic design programs.
Do more for your business
Achieve operational excellence
Deliver on time and under budget with production print solutions.
Commercial & Industrial Printing
Support your vision, your business and your future growth.
Rely on the production experts
Help your print operation run more smoothly with software tech support.