Green ambition: environmental sustainability in healthcare
Develop green ambition to create environmental sustainability in healthcare.
Read time: 4 minutes
There’s no ignoring what’s in front of you with “blind ambition” when it comes to creating an environmentally sustainable world — especially in healthcare. Green ambition is real, and it’s time to turn that ambition into action in fighting climate change.
Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, which cause climate change, harm human lives around the world. The outcome of GHGs goes against every fiber of what healthcare professionals and organizations stand for: to prevent sickness and heal people. To thrive in today’s world requires both green ambition and a massive effort to improve environmental sustainability in healthcare.
Learn how we're driving a sustainable future.
- 1The New England Journal of Medicine, Decarbonizing the U.S. Health Sector — A Call to Action, December 2021
- 2IOPscience, Global warming to increase violent crime in the United States, March 2020
- 3NRDC, Report: Health Costs from Climate Change and Fossil Fuel Pollution Tops $820 Billion a Year, May 2021
- 4The Commonwealth Fund, How the U.S. Health Care System Contributes to Climate Change, April 2022
- 5Formstack, The Problem With Paper: Statistics That Will Blow Your Mind, January 2022
- 6NIH, Medical 3D Printing Cost-Savings in Orthopedic and Maxillofacial Surgery: Cost Analysis of Operating Room Time Saved with 3D Printed Anatomic Models and Surgical Guides, August 2020
- 7EPA, Green Infrastructure
Recommended for you
How to improve patient virtual care
Find out how virtual care solutions, like remote patient monitoring, are being implemented to improve patient care and maximize staffing resources.
Eliminating healthcare inefficiencies drives patient volume
Ricoh commissioned The Harris Poll to study the impact of inefficiencies in healthcare billing and insurance claims. See how it affects the likelihood patients pursue care and more.
Futurizing healthcare experiences to drive ROI
Explore five intelligent automation strategies providers should implement to create better healthcare experiences for patients and clinicians.