In the first year of the program, SMSD saw a nearly 50 percent drop in printing and expects another 50 percent reduction in the second year.
Other outcomes that support SMSD's goals of efficiency and cost savings:
- In the first year of their digital learning initiative, SMSD cut hard costs by $600,000, achieved $150,000 in paper savings, reduced their carbon footprint by 90 percent and saved an estimated 5,281 trees.
- In the 3,264 calls to SMSD’s help desk related to printers. That number has been reduced by 90 percent, as we provide full support for the MFPs.
- The district’s print center is now a centralized printing hub and vital resource for the district, run seamlessly by Ricoh Managed Services.
- Volume at the center skyrocketed from 1,700 jobs to more than 12,000 jobs.
- Turnaround times have dramatically improved. It used to take the print center an average of seven days to complete a job. Now, delivery times are two days or less—with 99.3 percent completed on time or ahead of the requested delivery date.