By focusing first on information management instead of zeroing in on hardware, we addressed all of the company’s challenges with recommendations that created a new culture of print:
- User authentication and secured pull print style printing improves document security.
- Only one print driver needs to be supported, easing the burden on IT.
- Consistent MFP interfaces make it easy for employees to enter job instructions.
- Color production printers deliver the high-quality color needed for logo and brand elements while lowering the cost of color compared to MFPs.
- Reports enable the company to track user activities and continue to fine tune print behaviors.
In six months, the manufacturer saved approximately $30,000 in click and paper costs for the fleet, in addition to $1.8 million click savings in the data center.