Aside from government accounts and other third-party payers that are outside of Apria's control, all billing processes are now paperless. By eliminating the flood of paper, Apria has:
- Consolidated billing centers and reduced labor hours, saving $300,000 monthly.
- Cut billing process time from three weeks to one week or less.
- Reduced days sales outstanding (DSO) and accelerated cash flow.
- Lowered compliance risk with easy-to-locate files and faster document retrieval during audits.
- Implemented an efficient document retention program, in which fewer paper files need to be kept after scanning.
While the number of billing centers increased slightly after an acquisition, the solution continues to deliver the promised efficiencies. As Apria says, "...scanning is a no brainer."