RICOH NAMED A LEADER IN ANALYST FIRM’S 2012 MULTIFUNCTION PRODUCT (MFP) AND PRINTER MAGIC QUADRANT
Malvern, PA, November 8, 2012 - Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced that Gartner has named Ricoh a Leader in its 2012 Magic Quadrant for multifunction products (MFPs) and printers worldwide.(1)
Ricoh offers a complete line of network-capable MFPs and printers that print in color, black and white or both. Ricoh multifunction products offer copy, scan and fax options as well as advanced finishing capabilities on a technology platform designed to seamlessly interface with the Web, cloud services and a wide range of applications. From small offices to centralized production printing environments, Ricoh MFPs and printers can help customers be more efficient and enhance productivity.
“We’re pleased with our status as a leader which we believe reflects our commitment to deliver the precise business information solutions customers need to drive their business goals and desired outcomes,” said Dominic Pontrelli, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Ricoh Americas Corporation. “In every instance, we combine our technology and services offerings with the right people and processes to address each customer’s unique requirements.”
In the report Gartner defines leaders as such:
• Are the most capable in providing MFPs (including Smart Multifunction Products), printers and the associated printing solutions and services, regardless of customer location.
• Providers in the Leaders Quadrant offer the most extensive product portfolio relative to their peers, and they have the broad channel capability to deliver the products to customers where they want to procure them.
• Hold consistently high market share worldwide and are capable of delivering consistent service levels in the regions where Gartner customers are located.
• Tend to have the deepest global capability and the inventiveness, resources, skills and vision to deliver superior levels of support to existing and future customers globally.
• Have a proven track record of channeling R&D initiatives into products and solutions that customers need.
For details on Ricoh’s full line of products, services and solutions, please visit www.ricoh-usa.com.
(1)Gartner "Magic Quadrant for MFPs and Printers, Worldwide" by Sharon McNee, Federico De Silva and Zalack Shah, October 24, 2012.
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in more than 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2012, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,903 billion yen (approx. 23 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/
© 2012 Ricoh Americas Corporation. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.