RICOH ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF EQUITRAC EDUCATION AND COST RECOVERY AND PRINT MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
Advanced Features to Include Authentication Authorization and Account for Document Output
West Caldwell, NJ, July 1, 2008 - Ricoh Americas Corporation, the leading provider of digital office equipment, today announced the availability of Equitrac’s award winning enterprise and educations products, Equitrac Office® and Equitrac Express®, throughout the entire Ricoh distribution channel. The combination of Ricoh products with Equitrac solutions will provide customers with a number of benefits including wide-ranging document security, user mobility, system scalability, cost accountability and environmental sustainability.
“We are committed to offering our customers the best solutions available for their business needs, including those that appeal to compliance, security, and environmental requirements,” said Hede Nonaka, executive vice president, Ricoh Americas Corporation. “Our portfolio of business products provides today’s office with all of the tools it needs to be productive and improve workflow. Adding Equitrac solutions to our offerings extends our ability to provide a complete solution for an office’s document output needs.”
Equitrac solutions easily integrate with Ricoh’s award winning line of multifunction products (MFP), helping companies across all verticals track and manage print costs by allowing them to authenticate documents and allocate costs directly from the device’s control panel. Equitrac Office and Equitrac Express extend a number of features to Ricoh MFPs including:
· Follow-You Printing®-Users can release print jobs at the most convenient device so they can print where they happen to be and avoid waiting for a device to free up
· Secure Document Release- Confidential print jobs are held in a secure queue until released for print by the document owner
· Equitrac's Device Monitoring Engine (DME)- Administrators will have access to a single console and qualified alerts to track status of all output devices enterprise wide including paper, toner levels, or errors
· Accounting and Audit tools- Summary, detailed and total activity reports are available and data can be exported for analysis
· Cost Control tools- Administrators can set print quotas, determining who may print, how many pages and to which devices. The user's ID is required to print or copy and every page is tracked holding each user to their quota
· Print & Copy Control™ (PCC) - Embedded software installs on the MFP and uses the built-in front panel touch-screen display as well as ID card authentication with MIFARE, LEGIC, HID (125 KHz) Proximity and magnetic stripe cards
For more information on Equitrac solutions, visit www.equitrac.com. For more information about Ricoh products and solutions, please visit www.ricoh-usa.com.
Equitrac Corporation is the world leader in intelligent cost recovery and print management solutions. Backed by an unmatched R&D program and the largest team of cost-recovery experts in the world, Equitrac enjoys preferred technology partnerships with the world’s leading providers of hardware and software solutions for the office environment. From the Fortune Global 100 to college campuses, within the AMLAW 200 and in municipalities across the globe, Equitrac solutions are at work helping organizations recover costs, reduce waste, increase returns and maximize efficiency in printers, copiers and multifunction devices. For more information visit www.equitrac.com.
About Ricoh Americas Corporation
Ricoh Americas Corporation, headquartered in West Caldwell, N.J., is a subsidiary of Ricoh Company Ltd., the 72-year-old leading supplier of office automation equipment and electronics, with fiscal year 2007 sales in excess of $19.4 billion, a 7.3 percent increase over the previous year.
Ricoh Americas Corporation is a leading provider of document solutions. Ricoh’s fully integrated hardware and software products help businesses share information efficiently and effectively by enabling customers to control the input, management and output of documents.
Ricoh Americas Corporation directly or through its network of authorized dealers markets and distributes products in North, Central and South America.
Information about Ricoh's complete range of products and services can be accessed on the World Wide Web at www.ricoh-usa.com.
# # #
All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.