RICOH BUILDS NEW TOTALFLOW DOCENHANCER VERIFICATION FEATURE, PROVIDING INTEGRITY IN THE CREATION OF CRITICAL DOCUMENTS
Ricoh continues to grow its critical communications suite of solutions, offering innovative tools to edit, track and report from creation through delivery
Malvern, PA, July 1, 2013 - Ricoh Production Print Solutions (Ricoh), a leading provider of digital output solutions, today announced that it has further expanded its critical communications suite of solutions, empowering printers of all sizes with easy-to-use, cost-effective tools and solutions that verify that each piece was printed and track that each piece was confirmed with limited manual effort. The newest enhancement to RICOH TotalFlow DocEnhancer is the Verification Feature. This easy-to-use feature enables customers to very simply add a unique barcode to documents that identifies each piece within a PDF file, and then integrates with scan or camera technology to track and report that each piece was properly produced - adding a level of integrity, which is particularly necessary when government regulations or privacy issues require perfect output.
TotalFlow DocEnhancer is an Adobe® Acrobat plug-in that enables customers to edit print-ready PDF files instantly directly on the shop floor. Now with the Verification Feature, printers can scan the barcode at any point during the production process to track progress, create a visual report showing the percent of job completion, reconcile pieces that are missing, and initiate a reprint job.
Other new features that have been added to TotalFlow DocEnhancer PDF plug-in include:
• Rules Manager: offers enhanced conditional logic by allowing customers to easily build and edit complex statements. The rules can be applied to or extracted from the original PDF, allowing for greater flexibility with the data
• Expanded font support: gives the ability to add text to PDF documents, utilizing any fonts installed on the operating system. TotalFlow DocEnhancer will embed the appropriate fonts in the enhanced PDF, maintaining portability of the document across systems and through the entire production process
• Easy-to-use interface: gives users access to a drop-down menu of Adobe Acrobat Pro adding a new level of simplicity
“Our customers today are in need of trusted, low-cost, easy-to-use solutions to help increase the value they provide to their clients. Within our critical communications suite of solutions, there are a number of tools that can help simplify and automate the overall job from editing to tracking to reporting,” said Theresa Lang, vice president of solutions and services, Ricoh. “Our customers are looking for new ideas and ways that they can extend their business with their clients. The new verification feature provides a way for our customers to produce regulated and high value work, meeting the integrity requirements at a low cost of entry. ”
With TotalFlow DocEnhancer, changes that previously took longer periods of time can be handled immediately including:
• Set up page groups that mark the individual mailings within a single PDF file, edit the first group and apply edits across all groups
• Nudge an address block so it lines up with the envelope window
• Add Optical Mark Readers (OMR) marks, barcodes or Quick Response (QR) Codes
• Hide data or images
• Add text or images using conditional logic, so additions are placed only on the appropriate pages
• Update signatures on notification letters
TotalFlow DocEnhancer is a component of Ricoh’s Critical Communications suite of solutions. The suite allows customers to automate document communications, simplify regulatory compliance and security, optimize distribution and mailing processes and utilize multi-channel delivery. More specifically, the Critical Communications suite of solutions delivers the ability to offer Automated Document Factory (ADF) capabilities to PDF files, support native PDFs without the need for transforms, improves the management of PDF files in mixed environments and much more.
Find more information about Ricoh’s critical communications suite of solutions here: http://www.infoprint.com/internet/ipww.nsf/vwWebPublished/solos_commercial-print-critical-communications_en
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2013, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,924 billion yen (approx. 20 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/
© 2013 Ricoh Americas Corporation. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.