Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about online
1. What is UTA?
Ricoh partners with United Tranzactions (UTA) to provide an online electronic check payment option for customers paying their Ricoh invoices. UTA provides an electronic payment gateway that is used to initiate electronic check payments between a customer's financial institution and Ricoh.
2. Who governs the electronic transactions submitted through UTA?
UTA is affiliated with the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), which is the primary governing body for electronic payment processing between financial institutions.
3. What is an EFT?
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) allows the customer the opportunity to submit via on-line a payment from their bank account. EFT transactions are batched through the Federal Reserve nightly. Settlement is usually two to three business days. The remittance will be classified as an ACH credit to Ricoh's bank account (debit from customer's bank account) once the payment is transferred.
4. Can a customer schedule reoccurring payments with Ricoh through online bill pay?
No. Currently, the option to schedule recurring payment transactions is not available.
5. What information will the online bill pay system store?
Once you complete the online registration process, UTA will securely store your company contact information, bank routing number, and bank account number to process an electronic payment transaction to Ricoh. After your first transaction this information is ready for you, making subsequent payments quick and easy
6. What information is required to begin submitting payments to Ricoh via online bill pay?
To initiate online bill payments, interested customers will need to complete a Customer Registration form. The form can be accessed by clicking the "First Time Users Click Here" link on the Pay Your Invoice web page. Here is a list of the information elements required to get started:
- Account Number (this will be used as the customer ID)
- Password (this is setup by the customer)
- Confirm Password
- Complete Customer Name
- Doing Business As (DBA)
- Zip Code
- Contact Person
- Phone Number
- Fax Number
- E-Mail Address
- ACH Authorization
- Bank Routing Number
- Bank Account Number
- Account Type (personal or business)
7. If I make a payment today, when will it post to my account?
Payment batches are processed by UTA daily. Depending on the day and time the payment is keyed, it could take 48 to 72 hours for the payment to be posted to a customer's account.
8. Why is online bill pay a good thing for my company?
Customer benefits include:
- Reduced opportunity for fraud associated with mailing checks.
- Checks are not lost in the mail.
- Payment requests are quicker once your initial login is established.
- Quicker account payment postings at Ricoh