Ricoh’s focus on diversity promotes awareness and inclusion as we mirror
the communities in which we do business. In an increasingly competitive business environment,
cultivating a diverse workforce, supplier base and culture are key elements of Ricoh’s
business strategy. Our strength is our people and the relationships they forge with our
customers. We seek to employ skilled and talented professionals with diverse
backgrounds that are reflective of the communities in which we do business.
Attracting, motivating, developing and retaining a diverse workforce makes us a
stronger company and helps us to best meet all of our customers’ needs.
Ricoh advocates a broad definition of diversity, which not only includes our people,
but also our vendors and our products and services.
Ricoh defines a diverse and inclusive workplace as one that:
- Ensures respect for diversity in terms of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, marital status and sexual orientation.
- Allows people from different cultures and backgrounds interact and share ideas and resources to effectively serve our customers.
- Provides a work environment at every location that is welcoming and friendly to all employees, new hires, visitors and customers.
- Entails a wide variety of thinking and communication styles, where each person has an opportunity to be heard and to contribute new ideas.
- Results in a productive, innovative and creative organization.
Ricoh embraces a broad definition of diversity that goes far beyond race and gender and encompasses
multiple dimensions of similarity and difference. We believe that each of the
factors illustrated in the following Diversity Circle is relevant to the assumptions that
people make about one another and the way they feel about working together.