Section 508 Compliance
Working Toward A Higher Standard
The Ricoh accessibility mission is to be the leading provider of accessible document
imaging products. Ricoh wants to enable the workgroup office environment to maximize
their productivity through the use of accessible technology. Using software utilities
and networked solutions, Ricoh will streamline document workflow, as well as make
advanced features accessible to all.
Ricoh Corporation has engaged Georgia Tech Research Institute to assist in establishing
a higher standard of compliance with Section 508. Georgia Tech has developed an
assessment methodology to assist manufacturers and procurement officials in determining
the accessibility of Electronic and Information Technology (E&IT) products. Ricoh
believes that accessibility is equivalent to a more productive, user-friendly product.
To this end, Ricoh will inaugurate accessibility standards that help users maximize
the accessibility of office automation technology.
Ricoh Design Philosophy for Accessibility
- Accessibility should be considered from the beginning and incorporated into the
core requirements of the device.
- Accessibility features should be configured to enhance overall functionality - not
- Design process should include accessibility and usability evaluations, and schedule
should allow for iteration of design to accommodate results of evaluations.
- Compatibility with personal assistive technologies and devices commonly used by
- Accommodations for all the major single-impairment conditions.
Product Compliance Status
To meet the requirements under Section 508, we have established product compliance
evaluation protocol. Our evaluation is based upon the following methods:
- Checklist Evaluation: over 250 checklist items derived from Section 508, Access
Board Standards, and other human factors standards and guidelines
- Usability Evaluation: simulating a variety of common tasks performed by users with
Please select a product below to view the Voluntary Product Accessibility Template
(VPAT), to learn about its compliance. Please check back with us as we frequently
update this website.